We are looking for an individual with a background in Linux software development to join our fast-growing business to develop new automated test solutions and enhance our product portfolio. Our products are open source and we work closely with external companies and the open source community to build reliable test solutions based around a stable Linux OS, bare metal or FreeRTOS.
Using your industry experience you will drive operational improvement, and develop project management skills; improving internal processes by linking and automating existing activities to create operational efficiencies, this will include:
- Production testers for our own productions.
- Automatic calibration of our productions against calibrated equipment.
- Expand documentation
- Code examples
- Automated code tests
You will also be involved in improving and evolving our product range, supporting market research activities, and developing our website.
As well as interesting projects and fantastic working environment we can offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Working alongside both electronics and mechanical engineers.
- Used to working on GNU/Linux desktops (any desktop flavour)
- Experience developing client side code in Python 2 or 3
- Basic command line on Linux (Bash) ability.
- Some experience in writing C or C++
- Passion and ability to learn quickly.
Desirable / Nice to have:
- Experience of project management
- Experience of process automation and improvement
- Some Git experience would be beneficial
- Some experience on Raspberry Pi, BeagleBone or similar Linux development board platforms
- Experience developing GTK GUI.
- Experience with SQL
- Experience in writing Makefiles
- Embedded software experience
- A full UK driving license
Must have, or be willing to write code, to discuss at interview.
Please get in touch to find out more or email your CV to email@example.com